BpoetryWriters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello, Guest!
Member’s Local Time

USA-EST

UK

South Australia

Your Personal Poetry Quote

WhatDoYouThinkPOLLS

Latest topics
» My Aunt
Recession EmptySat Feb 15 2020, 07:49 by Sue McDonald

» Gone but never forgotten
Recession EmptyWed Oct 09 2019, 05:01 by Sue McDonald

» Michelle
Recession EmptySat Aug 31 2019, 16:01 by Sue McDonald

» Duncan and Betsy Wren
Recession EmptySat Aug 31 2019, 07:13 by Sue McDonald

» The Unfair Race
Recession EmptySun May 05 2019, 08:03 by Fred West

» me my mate and my sheep
Recession EmptySun May 05 2019, 08:02 by Fred West

» seed sown
Recession EmptySun May 05 2019, 07:53 by Fred West

» Wisdom
Recession EmptyFri Mar 08 2019, 16:58 by alitnobani

» Daily Death
Recession EmptyFri Mar 08 2019, 16:45 by alitnobani

»  Indistinct Dreams
Recession EmptyFri Mar 08 2019, 16:36 by alitnobani

» My Teacher
Recession EmptyFri Mar 08 2019, 16:28 by alitnobani

» The Tree
Recession EmptyFri Mar 08 2019, 16:18 by alitnobani

» My Uncle Duncan
Recession EmptyFri Oct 26 2018, 07:35 by Sue McDonald

» Happy Halloween !
Recession EmptyMon Oct 30 2017, 19:24 by Sue McDonald

» Friends Forever
Recession EmptyMon Oct 31 2016, 13:52 by RichieO

» Sundays
Recession EmptyWed Sep 14 2016, 13:55 by RichieO

» The Night Star
Recession EmptyWed Sep 14 2016, 13:44 by RichieO

» Mr Jeff Kernich
Recession EmptyTue Aug 09 2016, 23:56 by Sue McDonald

» For the ''Little Ones''
Recession EmptyTue Aug 09 2016, 21:42 by Sue McDonald

» R.I.P Mrs Jackson
Recession EmptyMon Aug 08 2016, 04:55 by Sue McDonald

» Desperate Dementia Times !
Recession EmptySun Jul 31 2016, 02:15 by Sue McDonald

» Happy 60th Dear Sue
Recession EmptyWed Jul 06 2016, 07:43 by Sue McDonald

» Happy 6th Birthday Gabrielle
Recession EmptyWed Jun 15 2016, 18:17 by BC Williams

» Two Hearts Will Beat As One
Recession EmptySun May 15 2016, 07:25 by Sue McDonald

» A Field
Recession EmptySun Nov 29 2015, 20:42 by BC Williams

» It never goes away
Recession EmptyMon Jul 13 2015, 08:23 by Lucie

» If life were a drawing !
Recession EmptyMon Apr 27 2015, 00:32 by Sue McDonald

» Looking for Mum !
Recession EmptyWed Apr 22 2015, 00:43 by Sue McDonald

» The Old house On The Hill
Recession EmptyWed Feb 18 2015, 05:11 by Sue McDonald

» 40 Valentine Day's
Recession EmptySat Feb 14 2015, 07:10 by Robert Anderson

» Galleon
Recession EmptySun Oct 19 2014, 01:29 by RichieO

» shame
Recession EmptyThu Oct 09 2014, 12:38 by Lucie

» Robe of Righteousness
Recession EmptyThu Oct 02 2014, 16:47 by Cheryl Brickner

» Kassandra Phae
Recession EmptySun Sep 07 2014, 07:53 by Lucie

» Happy Birthday !..So ! Now Your Eighteen !!
Recession EmptyFri Jun 13 2014, 21:19 by Sue McDonald

» Baby Gabrielle
Recession EmptyThu Jun 05 2014, 07:09 by peewee

» A Four Year Old Princess !
Recession EmptyWed Jun 04 2014, 23:41 by Sue McDonald

» Indian Tribe
Recession EmptyFri May 23 2014, 02:13 by RichieO

» Always there for me
Recession EmptySun May 11 2014, 08:34 by peewee

» Talking to God
Recession EmptyTue May 06 2014, 03:35 by peewee

Recession

+3
Sue McDonald
BC Williams
Robert Anderson
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recession Empty Recession

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 13:37

Recession 1_gog10
Painting Recession By Robert Anderson, (c) Robert Anderson2011

Recession

I can’t stay within
I can’t stay within

I can’ t be living this thin
Where no-one can win
The worlds got to know
There is ice in the snow
Red rivers will flow

So where is the glow?
When a planets sun walks away?
Why can’t we live for today
And let them know
No, No !

So tell me why?

Why can’t we live our life away
And just forget our yesterday
And be as one

One sun, for everyone?

I can’t live this thin
I can’t live this thin
I won’t live in this bin

Where rodents breed kin
Kin bites my brother
He turns from a lover
Then tears from my mother
No care for the bother
As they kill one another

Why?

I seen all the world
Felt all the greed
I’ve cried at the hunger
And sensed all the need

So why?

Why must we be in disarray
I thought the Nazis were away
And fiddlers played without the stay
Of yesterday

Our way?

I can’t stay within
I can’t live this thin

In original sin?

© Robert Anderson 2011

Last edited by Robert Anderson on Thu Sep 01 2011, 13:44; edited 1 time in total
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Author Credits : 147
Accolades : 9

http://no-reflections.synthasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Hiya all

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 13:41

I have the Canadians here tomorrow, (7am) and I think I have everything organised, ha ,ha! Anyway, I had a little time on my hands and posted this as promised. Catch you all later , have a great day everybody xxx

P.S.Wish me luck, me bum is making buttons ....burp!
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Crappy Photo

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 13:46

I can't get the light here for a good pic but they are going to take high res pics of all the painting while they are here, once they do I will edit the photo
Cheers again xxxx
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Re: Recession

Post  BC Williams Thu Sep 01 2011, 14:20

Sounds like an exciting day ahead! Now are those buttons 2 or 4 holers? lol.

This piece is different from what I see from you most often. It's clipped and to the point (as I'd expect from you). Not a happy thing to read, and we here across the ocean are lauding the same sentiments. I don't know Bobby, and it all makes you want to cry and SCREAM! How dare they do this thing to us? It's hijacking of the common man and his sensibilities, as if we are sheep forced to the slaughter. Most probably the downfall of mankind as you and I know it. Scary times ahead. Be prepared to enter THE TWILIGHT ZONE . . .

Oh heck, I just noticed ObamaLOL! Bobby, where can we drop him off? Who wants him and his big banking henchmen? Oh dear God, the painting keeps unfolding as I scan it . . . leading right into the arms of CHINA. Remember the baby soup? What to do, what to do . . .
BC Williams
BC Williams
Founder
Founder

Author Credits : 2113
Accolades : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Williams Thu Sep 01 2011, 14:21

Where rodents breed kin
Kin bites my brother
He turns from a lover
Then tears from my mother
No care for the bother
As they kill one another

WHOA . . .
BC Williams
BC Williams
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty hiya Bev

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 16:36

It is going to be an exciting ten days. On Monday at 10am Cidalia, (Canada) will meet Paul Marsden, (Glasgow exhibition) to discuss my work and schedule, as they are coming back over for my Glasgow exhibition before I go to Canada for that one, Then Tuscany and then I come back here to start two massive canvases as they put the second book together from material they will take back with them. you should see this place in Tuscany Bev. All my meals cooked for me, a car and a horse to ride on the path with vineyards at each side. I remember saying , My I can only dream and they said , My dear boy , it is for you??? I won't sleep to-night as I am too high , ha ha! I can't wait to see what they have in store for me. I know they are bringing paints and picking up two large canvases , ( I don't know when i will fit the time in for them) and sandals??? ha,ha! I have The gangs of Glasgow all sketched out , so I will be starting that first for Glasgow before I start anything else. My dream Bev is to become a Glasgow Boy and it looks like I am heading that way, (with a lot of luck) who knows? But if I make that then I have achieved my goal in life. I can taste it but it is still so far away Grrrrr! ha,ha!

Last edited by Robert Anderson on Thu Sep 01 2011, 16:57; edited 1 time in total
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Rogano's

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 16:54

They have booked a table at Rogano's for me this Saturday so I will be full and plastered ha,ha! I am gonna have a steak as I don't really like fish that much. What worries me is if I get too comfortable and lose my edge. I liked the hunger of the fight to get there, does that make sense? We struggle night and day punishing yourself for perfection and when we get a break, it does not fulfill you like you thought it would, as it all gets so dam serious.

Cidalia is a girl and a half and has invested so much in me, and has such faith in my work. I often wonder where she came from and what she saw in my work? But she still gets an egg on her head when I meet her , ha ha! (nobody escapes).As you can tell I am keeping myself awake as I leave to get them in five and a half hours. I will probably feel much more alert after my shower. Everything is organized so it is just a case of shower and dressed. I am making them, Scotch Broth followed by Lamb Hotpot with mashed and roast potatoes with broccoli. Then for pud I will give them choc chip mint ice cream, mint moose with strawberries and cream? I hope they like it , followed by an egg on their heads, sorted ha ha !

Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Enough Ranting ha ha !

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 17:00

Well I suppose I had better find something to do to while away , the wee small hours, have a great evening all and I will keep you up to date shortly , catch ye xxxxxxx
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Williams Thu Sep 01 2011, 17:28

You are so funny Bobby. To me, you ARE The Glasgow Boy! Artists . . . always feeling so pensive worrying about this and that. You NEED to at least give the appearance of being calm. I know - I can just imagine you:-) I was the same the day and night before our wedding . . . the day came and I was more tired - but radiant, then I've remembered.

No one can walk in your shoes dear Bobby. But we can surely stand at attention, knowing you're giving it your best shot. It's all we expect, and I for one believe in your talent. I don't think I know this Cidalia, (Cid that I remember??) but I'd say she has wonderful taste. You have to trust someone and it might as well be those who would see you and your work as you want to be seen. If she is who I think, she'll do right by you.

Good luck Glasgow Boy . . . we love you but you need to get SOME sleep:-) Wish I could be a little bird on your wall . . .

PS: the meal and the wonderful Tuscany countryside sounds divine!
BC Williams
BC Williams
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Still not sleepy ha,ha!

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 17:43

No need to sleep now , I will be leaving in four and a half hours, I just had a nice snack and I am ready for my shower , then I think I will sit outside and take in the night and serenity of the quiet before the onslaught and madness, ha ha! Why cant they pick a decent time to land instead of rush hour? I will be stuck in gridlock for an hour at least trying to get over the Kingston Bridge grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I will probably be stuck behind some woman putting on her make up and using the sat nav as a TV, (it always happens). Coming back is no problem because nobody works in Glasgow ha ha ha!
I bet they turn up with full wardrobe in cases, (typical tourists) well if that's the case then the roof goes down and they can sit with them on their knees, and freeze their butts off, I will be taking me coat and hat and scarf, ha ha! sorted! Awe I am going for another coffee first , toodle pip old bean. BBS
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Still awake and snacking again ha ha !

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 18:50

Hey! I forgot to tell you some girl called Arisara Caroline something from B-uncut , is ordering six books. She wants five for her friends/family and one for herself. She is sending them all to me to sign and then they get shipped to, (of all places) Banjcock??? ha ,ha! That's a first for me. Cidalia will be over the moon when she hears that one. Ha, ha! I can just imagine them reading it upside down in an outside toilet ha ha! I hope they have paper??
Awe it is great news Arisara is a friend of Jan Poland so one may be for her.
I will add a little extra to the books for her. Well that is another snack dusted, Time for a ciggy before my shower, Four hours to go. I am listening to REM, (It's The End Of The World As We Know It) ha ,ha! ironic?. I just love this time in the wee small hours when everything is still and you can, if you try, you can hear your heart beat. So it looks like married life suits you lass. I am happy for you both. Tell David I said sorry and hello. What we do in the madness of the moment?I am too bloody tempromental at times. Anyway it is all in the past. hey? If you pair are coming to Scotland in the not too distant , yeas had better be staying here for a couple of days or yeas get the big boot. Well That is me ciggy done so off to the shower. I will probably be back for a rant and rave afterwards to keep myself awake. Catch ye xxxx
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty PS

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 18:52

Jacko just said that David is to stay off his Harley or he will be sliding on bananas for the duration of his stay, ha ha !
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Williams Thu Sep 01 2011, 19:13

LOL! Jackoe and David had a wonderful time when they met, but David knew his place:-) Yes Bobby, we wouldn't miss seeing you for the WORLD. Money is tight right now, but you never know about tomorrow.

Hope you feel better after your shower, not that you don't feel good now:-) You're riding on nerves and I'm afraid you'll crash. So get a lay down at least:-) MOM says . . .
BC Williams
BC Williams
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Hiya

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 19:16

OK mom , I am going to relax with a movie , that should kill some time. Right I had better get dried before I electrocute myself ha,ha! xxx
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Sue McDonald Thu Sep 01 2011, 20:47

It all sounds very exciting Robert, really hope it all goes well for you and keep riding that high wave safely...wishing you all the luck in the world and congratulations for following your dream so successfully Tuscany sounds so exciting !!!!
Sue McDonald
Sue McDonald
Author
Author

Author Credits : 1190
Accolades : 16

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Still wide awake ha,ha!

Post  Robert Anderson Thu Sep 01 2011, 21:04

Hiya Sue xxx, I must be on my second wind as after that shower I am wide awake. I will be leaving here in 90 minutes to pick them up. Yea! it has been a roller coaster ride from the beginning of the year. I'm still taking it all in. Just luck I guess as there are far better artists out there. I am just so pleased they recognised me. As I said, I am still pretty numb by it all but very excited to see what is in store. It has been a lot of hard work over the last three years. So many countless hours. I have a new piece sketched to the canvas and dying to start it, (very powerful) but I am not going to apply any paint until they go back home, Then i will shut myself away , get drunk and inspired , ha ha! (as we do) ha,ha! That is my secret weapon ha,ha!
It is a house with a barn extension to it, Beautiful, with vine yards outside the front door and a huge pathway that goes for at least a mile and a half. All a dream ??? I have to pinch myself, aw-och! that was sore ha, ha! I hope your evening is going well lass xxxxx
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Tucked up in bed and smoking a cigar ha ha !

Post  Robert Anderson Fri Sep 02 2011, 15:25

The wimps could not last and are all in bed sleeping ha,ha! I am sitting here with a bottle of wine and a rather large cigar, Yes Cigar, get yer minds out the gutter. What a long day it has been but they are all watered and fed and now sleeping.. I think I pulled it off as they loved my work and gave me t-shirts, paints, canvas,wine and slippers and 8 boxes of cigars???? oh and sandals and two painted and signed canvases?. Well when in Rome ???? I gave them my socks to wash, ha ,ha!
I am so tired now ...burp! ha ha! Cadalia is beautiful , she is so down to earth and helpful, I have been goofing with them all day and they have such a sense of humour, once you break through the exterior. They make great guests, especially Cadalia, she is so funny. I think we are all in for a fun ten days, then back to work grrrrrrrrrrrrr! They showed me how to use pastels. I have never worked with them before, you get such a smooth finish when blending, but my hands are too chunky and I kept on smudging it , in the end I figured ity out. If I sharpen them like a pencil and simply sketch, It worked.

Well first update , I am going for a sleepy, night , night all xxxxxx burp! he,he!
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucie Mon Nov 28 2011, 06:41

Mr ANDERSON..Mr Anderson ???...

Wherefore art thou Anderson? .... deep thought
Lucie
Lucie
Author
Author

Author Credits : 1556
Accolades : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Anderson Mon Nov 28 2011, 08:35

Lucie wrote:Mr ANDERSON..Mr Anderson ???...

Wherefore art thou Anderson? .... :c39rbc:

Hiya all just working on a new piece xxxxx have a great day
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Recession Empty Recession

Post  Cheryl Brickner Mon Nov 28 2011, 13:35

Just brilliant Robert!
The Recession is driving everyone down.....
Cheryl
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Cheryl Brickner
Cheryl Brickner
Author
Author

Author Credits : 212
Accolades : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Anderson Tue Nov 29 2011, 00:41

Awe lass. We were just told yesterday to expect a second recession on the way, what they call a (Double Dip). Hopefully I will be out of here before that happens. I feel it is time to enjoy life and move on. I am going Swiss ha,ha! they are not in recession? But firstly I am buying a little place, (two bedroom villa ) I saw in Greece I go over on February to check out property. If I am going to be forced to live in recession then I want it in the sun, ha,ha! xxxxx
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucie Tue Nov 29 2011, 00:56

oohhhh so jealous ......hope its all you dreamed of....x
Lucie
Lucie
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Anderson Tue Nov 29 2011, 02:28

Hi Lucy , just cleaning up after the aftermath of last night, (we had a party) , ha,ha! we had a ball here , Me head is still spinning. I am just going through the photos taken and I am painted like the new piece I just finished last week? (phantom of the opera style ) ha ha!so funny . tonight I am bringing Christmas early to Canada as they , (if the airports not on strike) will be flying back out on Thursday morning, either that I will have to keep them in the dogs kennel. It is not that I mind but try awakening every morning to dog breath on your face and that constant, *can I have me kennel back , can I have me kennel back? I have a girl coming from America in Feb? ( But I might not be here I hope ?? ) to do an excerpt of me into her book , something about rout 69???? What the hell do I know about rout 69?? I thought that was a position from the Kamasutra? True? she is coming here to interview me???? I hope she does not bring bad luck with her Anyway I had better get on with this before I bury myself, ha,ha!
Burp!
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucie Tue Nov 29 2011, 03:24

I just lurve your energy! :D What ARE you doing up so early after a goodnight bash?? Madman..Yep can't imagine you knowing much about route '69' but hey, any excuse to interview you eh?! You never know where your face n'talent will get you noticed..hopefully you wont miss your trip to Greece...
I wish you everybit of luck for your future plans, and good to hear from you again..
all the best
keep well and safe
x
Lucie
Lucie
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Anderson Tue Nov 29 2011, 09:10

Ha ha ! it is called awakening to another drink ha,ha! burp!
Yea! She seems a bit spaced out. I mean what do I have to do with rout 66? I am still figuring out how to get from here to the toilet? Anyway rout 66 has all changed and I read somewhere that a whole interchange now runs parralell to it? That is as much as I know about the place . She said she wants to know my feelings on recession and emigration. I feel that borders too far on my political views which are, every politician is an asshole till found in bed with a woman for a change? bummer! I am not allowed to say that? ha ha ha ! xxxxx
Robert Anderson
Robert Anderson
Author
Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down